West Wales Action for Mental Health is a mental health development organisation, providing a range of services to voluntary groups, carers and individuals who have used or are using mental health services and living in Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion and Pembrokeshire. We are currently involved with over 100 local groups advising on such matters as fundraising, training, local forums, planning and information technology.
The organisation was founded in April 1991, initially as a project under the ‘umbrella’ of the local council for voluntary services, and since 1995 as a stand alone charity and company limited by guarantee. WWAMH was initially funded through the Welsh Office, with a core funding contribution from what was then Dyfed County Council. In 2001 we were awarded the Legal Services Commission Quality Mark and are currently working towards achieving ‘PQASSO’ Quality Assurance recognition.
WWAMH is involved in a broad range of activities to promote mental health and help ensure that everyone has access to independent and impartial information. We offer:
- Information on where to get help with mental health problems
- Local Directories of Mental Health Services
- Distribution of information
- Facilitation of workshops with community groups
- A library of leaflets, books and videos
- Access to information, help and advice services throughout Wales and England.
- Organisation of conference and training events
- Consortium of mental health service users, who are available as ‘trainers’ in community and statutory sectors
We offer practical advice and support for Mental Health organisations to develop new ideas and improve your services.