WWAMH assists groups and individuals to play a key role as equal partners in local services, mental health development and planning procedures.
These exist in each area to bring together service users, carers and representatives of voluntary organisations to:
- Share information
- Offer mutual support
- Elect representatives to planning meetings
- Communicate effectively with statutory bodies
- Campaign for better services
- Identify local priorities.
To promote a wide range of consultation including:
- Public meetings
- Participation in staff interviews
- Reviews of individual services
We continue to chair the Three Counties Advocacy Strategy Group, West Wales Mental Health Voluntary Sector Ex Service Personnel Network, Three Counties Mental Health Carers Network. We also facilitate a range of service user, carer and provider networks on a county and regional level.
Please contact the Carmarthen office on 01267 238367 for more information.