Alabaré’s Carmarthen Home for Veterans is a supported housing programme for ex-Service personnel who are homeless and have a range of support needs.
To provide supported accommodation to 8 veterans with low to high support needs in a responsive and safe environment enabling them to make life changes and develop so that they are able to move on to successful independent living.
The project will consist of houses in Carmarthen within easy walking distance of the town centre. Local leisure opportunities include a leisure centre and cinema, and training courses are available through the local Learn Direct Centres and College.
- To enable residents to have the skills and confidence to move on to sustainable independent accommodation.
- To enable residents to build constructive and positive relationships within the wider community.
- To encourage an awareness of personal responsibility around budgeting, safety and security.
- To enable residents to enjoy, identify and pursue their aspirations through training, education, employment and hobbies thus increasing their confidence and self worth.
- To increase awareness around physical and mental wellbeing and enable service users to access appropriate health and mental welfare services.
For further information
Please contact Joseph De Lacey, Team Leader, by email firstname.lastname@example.org; or call 01722 322882.