Local Forums and Networks
WWAMH assists groups and individuals to play a key role as equal partners in local services, mental health development and planning procedures.
LOCAL FORUMS: These exist in each area to bring together service users, carers and representatives of voluntary organisations to:
- Share information
- Offer mutual support
- Elect representatives to planning meetings
- Communicate effectively with statutory bodies
- Campaign for better services
- Identify local priorities.
We continue to chair the Three Counties Advocacy Strategy Group, West Wales Mental Health Voluntary Sector Ex Service Personnel Network, Three Counties Mental Health Carers Network.
We also facilitate a range of service user, carer and provider networks on a county and regional level.
CONSULTATION: To promote a wide range of consultation including:
- Public meetings
- Participation in staff interviews
- Reviews of individual services
To find out more contact your nearest WWAMH Office
Page last modified: Thu 28th March 2013