Here are some latest news items from a few very useful sites. Click a headline to open the story in a new Tab or window .More sources of information can be found in our links section.
Mental Health Foundation
- Major inquiry will examine ways of reframing the understanding of dementia symptoms
Today we are launching an 18 month inquiry to investigate ways of reframing the understanding of some of the most challenging and distressing symptoms of dementia.
- Places still available for our next mental health awareness training day in London
Our world-class Mental Health Awareness Training helps anyone working in a customer-facing environment to learn skills for effective managing of clients experiencing mental distress.
- Help us make life better for people with dementia
We are working hard to support people with dementia, by increasing the information available to the public and changing public perceptions of dementia.
- Alzheimer's Society pays tribute to fundraiser, Sally Preece
It is with great sadness that we have to report that an employee of Lloyds Banking Group has died while fundraising for Alzheimer's Society.
- Hundreds step out to fight dementia at Oxford Memory Walk
Jamie Anderson, son of Thunderbirds creator Gerry Anderson, joined over 400 participants at Oxford University Parks today (Sunday 14 September) as they walked to fight dementia at Oxford Memory […]
- Alzheimer's Society calls for action as scale and cost of dementia soars
The cost of dementia to the UK has hit £26 billion a year – enough to pay the energy bills of every household in the country, finds an Alzheimer's Society report published today (Wednesday 10 […]