Here are some latest news items from a few very useful sites. Click a headline to open the story in a new Tab or window .More sources of information can be found in our links section.
Mental Health Foundation
- Dementia Third Greatest Killer in the UK Study Shows
A Guardian article has revealed that a survey carried out by Alzheimer's Research UK show that dementia if now third greatest killer in UK.
- Big Lottery funding awarded to scale up Young Mums' Project in 2015
Big Lottery funding awarded to grow the Young Mums' Project for March 2015 in the London boroughs of Hackney, Islington and Haringey.
- Isabella Goldie featured on BBC 1's Operation: Meet the Street
This week sees BBC 1's James Martin host a five-part series called Operation: Meet the Street, featuring our Director of Development and Delivery, Isabella Goldie.
- Nearly two thirds of Britons (64%) not aware exercise could help reduce risk of dementia
Almost eight in ten people (79%) are not doing the amount of average weekly exercise recommended by NHS guidelines, despite evidence that regular exercise can reduce a person's risk of dementia.
- Awareness of memory loss may decline before a diagnosis of dementia, study suggests
People who go on to develop dementia may begin to lose awareness of their memory problems two to three years before the diagnosis of the condition, suggests a new study published today.
- The costs of dementia in Europe have increased by 25 per cent to $300 billion in 2015
The total estimated worldwide cost of dementia has reached $818 billion (£521 billion) and will become a trillion dollar disease by 2018, finds the World Alzheimer Report 2015.