Here are some latest news items from a few very useful sites. Click a headline to open the story in a new Tab or window .More sources of information can be found in our links section.
Mental Health Foundation
- Social contact, peer support and self-help can positively benefit people with dementia
Today the results and evaluation of our Dementia Self-Help project in partnership with Housing and Care 21 are released.
- We're supporting the Blackfriars Consensus Statment
We are backing a call for action to address some of the factors that could reduce the risk of dementia in later life.
- Cuts to mental health services for children threaten the future and well being of the nation
More than half of England's councils have either cut or frozen budgets for child and adolescent mental health, according to a recent Freedom of Information request.
- Family joins forces with Alzheimer's Society to launch Leeds Memory Walk
Three generations of a Leeds family came together at Roundhay Park to encourage people sign up to Alzheimer’s Society's Leeds Memory Walk which takes place on Saturday 6 September.
- Mayor of Peterborough launches Peterborough Memory Walk at new Dementia Café
The Mayor of Peterborough Councillor David Over and members of a new Dementia Café put on their walking boots to launch Peterborough Memory Walk, which takes place in Ferry Meadows on 7 […]
- Chris Sainsbury to take on Peak Lenin for Alzheimer's Society
An adventure travel expert from Exeter is to embark on a gruelling expedition this July to climb Kyrgyzstan's Peak Lenin (7134m), in a bid to raise funds for Alzheimer's Society.