Here are some latest news items from a few very useful sites. Click a headline to open the story in a new Tab or window .More sources of information can be found in our links section.
Mental Health Foundation
- Nigel Planer presents our BBC Radio 4 Appeal
Our latest appeal will be airing on BBC Radio 4 on Sunday 6 April
- The web, social media and gaming can be good for young people's mental health
The online world can support the wellbeing of young people, according to the results of an innovative project in Scotland, launched today.
- Raising awareness of mental health and wellbeing among social care staff
New guides to improve workforce development launched by Skills for Care, based on work of the Mental Health Foundation
- Record store organises concert to raise money for Alzheimer's Society
Store owner Lee Mason has organised the event to coincide with Record Store Day to support people living with dementia.
- The National Review of Commissioning for Social Care in Wales 2013-14
A national review by Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales (CSSIW) has found that major changes need to be made to the way services for people with dementia are planned and commissioned.
- Alzheimer's Society comment on GP surgery reforms
David Cameron has announced that over 7.5 million people will be offered increased access to GP services through extended opening times and new consultation methods using video-phone and email.