Here are some latest news items from a few very useful sites. Click a headline to open the story in a new Tab or window .More sources of information can be found in our links section.
Mental Health Foundation
- All political parties should make mental health a priority in the run up to the next election
We've joined up with five other leading mental health organisations in England to produce a manifesto laying out what the next Government must do to improve the lives of people with mental health […]
- We are going backwards: mental health cuts exacerbate a growing health burden
Recent cuts to NHS mental health service providers exacerbate the problems of an already extremely under-resourced sector.
- Social contact, peer support and self-help can positively benefit people with dementia
Today the results and evaluation of our Dementia Self-Help project in partnership with Housing and Care 21 are released.
- Sporty solicitors raise great sums of money for Alzheimer's Society
Employees of Taylor & Emmet LLP in Sheffield have been getting active to raise money for Alzheimer's Society.
- Families encouraged to join Manchester Memory Walk by a mum with dementia
A mum with Alzheimer's disease is encouraging families to take a walk in the park that will help change the lives of people living with dementia.
- Father and daughter take on Leeds Memory Walk to raise awareness of dementia
A father and daughter from Leeds are taking on the challenge of Leeds Memory Walk to give something back to the charity that has helped them through their experience with dementia.