Here are some latest news items from a few very useful sites. Click a headline to open the story in a new Tab or window .More sources of information can be found in our links section.
Mental Health Foundation
- Local authorities must invest in public mental health
Following a Freedom of Information request, Mind discovered that local authorities' spending on public mental health is only 1.4% of their public health spending.
- Power to the Youth: Commissioning Better Services for Young People
This third in the series of "How to..." guides from the Right Here programme focuses on commissioning services for young people focuses on better mental health and well being.
- Isabella Goldie moves to become our new Director of Development and Delivery
Goldie will be responsible for the Foundation's research and policy programmes as well as developing new areas.
- People with dementia in North Wales create spook-tacular pumpkins for Halloween
Members of an Alzheimer's Society Seasonal Gardening group in Mold, North Wales, have been busy carving pumpkins in time for Halloween.
- Contractors work together to refurbish Princess of Wales Centre
Contractors from across the country will join forces to refurbish the much-loved Princess of Wales Centre in Sunderland, a day centre for people living with Alzheimer's.
- Secrets of old age pave way for a healthier Britain
Leading health specialists have used the findings of a 35-year study as an evidence base to call on members of the UK public to take responsibility for their own health.