Here are some latest news items from a few very useful sites. Click a headline to open the story in a new Tab or window .More sources of information can be found in our links section.
Mental Health Foundation
- Mental Health Foundation highlights growing problems faced by women and girls
A higher proportion of women continue to suffer from anxiety and depression and a campaign is to be launched to get mental health on school curriculum in response to ‘epidemic’ of eating […]
- Mental health has always been more than an issue just for the health service alone
Jenny Edwards CBE, CEO of the Mental Health Foundation responds to the launch of the Mental Health Crisis Care Concordat.
- Being mindful online shown to dramatically reduce stress, anxiety and depression
Practicing mindfulness online reduces stress, anxiety and depression, finds the University of Oxford in partnership with the Mental Health Foundation.
- Town Hall Takeover puts dementia at forefront ahead of London local elections
A Singing for the Brain choir and Dementia Friends took over Newham Town Hall today with the sights and sounds of Bollywood to help Alzheimer's Society launch the Dementia Manifesto for London
- New blood markers could predict dementia risk
A set of 10 molecules in blood could be used to predict with 90 per cent accuracy whether people are at greater risk of developing dementia within the next few years, according to researchers at […]
- Mount Pleasant raise funds for Alzheimer's Society
Mount Pleasant Golf Club raise an amazing £2,132 for Alzheimer's Society.