Here are some latest news items from a few very useful sites. Click a headline to open the story in a new Tab or window .More sources of information can be found in our links section.
Mental Health Foundation
- Dementia Third Greatest Killer in the UK Study Shows
A Guardian article has revealed that a survey carried out by Alzheimer's Research UK show that dementia if now third greatest killer in UK.
- Big Lottery funding awarded to scale up Young Mums' Project in 2015
Big Lottery funding awarded to grow the Young Mums' Project for March 2015 in the London boroughs of Hackney, Islington and Haringey.
- Isabella Goldie featured on BBC 1's Operation: Meet the Street
This week sees BBC 1's James Martin host a five-part series called Operation: Meet the Street, featuring our Director of Development and Delivery, Isabella Goldie.
- Father and daughter conquer mountainous challenge
When Emma Chandler decided to climb a mountain in memory of her grandmother, her father Peter was the first to rise to the challenge.
- Home Retail Group has raised almost £3 million to support people living with dementia
Home Retail Group has raised over £2.8million for Alzheimer's Society, Alzheimer Scotland and The Alzheimer Society of Ireland during the two-year charity partnership with the charities.
- Dryathlete Athene Parker smashes fundraising target
Dryathlete Athene Parker raises an incredible £1,960 from her 55 day long dryathlon.