Here are some latest news items from a few very useful sites. Click a headline to open the story in a new Tab or window .More sources of information can be found in our links section.
Mental Health Foundation
- Dementia Third Greatest Killer in the UK Study Shows
A Guardian article has revealed that a survey carried out by Alzheimer's Research UK show that dementia if now third greatest killer in UK.
- Big Lottery funding awarded to scale up Young Mums' Project in 2015
Big Lottery funding awarded to grow the Young Mums' Project for March 2015 in the London boroughs of Hackney, Islington and Haringey.
- Isabella Goldie featured on BBC 1's Operation: Meet the Street
This week sees BBC 1's James Martin host a five-part series called Operation: Meet the Street, featuring our Director of Development and Delivery, Isabella Goldie.
- Research identifies new steps in dementia progression
Research funded by Alzheimer's Society has identified new mechanisms behind the development of a form of frontotemporal dementia.
- Societe Generale banks big funds for Alzheimer's Society
Societe Generale has exceeded all expectations, smashing its targets to raise vital funds for Alzheimer's Society to help reach a strategic goal.
- New guide to help prepare people on what to expect when someone they know is dying
A new guide which prepares people on what to expect when someone is dying has today (25 March, 2015) been published by the National Council for Palliative Care.