Here are some latest news items from a few very useful sites. Click a headline to open the story in a new Tab or window .More sources of information can be found in our links section.
Mental Health Foundation
- Dementia Third Greatest Killer in the UK Study Shows
A Guardian article has revealed that a survey carried out by Alzheimer's Research UK show that dementia if now third greatest killer in UK.
- Big Lottery funding awarded to scale up Young Mums' Project in 2015
Big Lottery funding awarded to grow the Young Mums' Project for March 2015 in the London boroughs of Hackney, Islington and Haringey.
- Isabella Goldie featured on BBC 1's Operation: Meet the Street
This week sees BBC 1's James Martin host a five-part series called Operation: Meet the Street, featuring our Director of Development and Delivery, Isabella Goldie.
- Alzheimer's Society warns of effect of heat on people with dementia
Alzheimer's Society is warning that today's high temperatures could lead to severe health problems among vulnerable people with dementia unless they take special precautions to keep cool and […]
- Test uncovers signs of Alzheimer's disease 18 years before diagnosis
A study of over 2000 people published in Neurology has shown that a test of memory and thinking can reveal differences in people who would go on to develop Alzheimer's disease up to 18 years before […]
- Limited understanding around palliative care
New findings today (Tuesday 23 June) by Marie Curie show that there is limited understanding of what palliative care can do, who it benefits and when to introduce it.