Here are some latest news items from a few very useful sites. Click a headline to open the story in a new Tab or window .More sources of information can be found in our links section.
Mental Health Foundation
- Dementia Third Greatest Killer in the UK Study Shows
A Guardian article has revealed that a survey carried out by Alzheimer's Research UK show that dementia if now third greatest killer in UK.
- Big Lottery funding awarded to scale up Young Mums' Project in 2015
Big Lottery funding awarded to grow the Young Mums' Project for March 2015 in the London boroughs of Hackney, Islington and Haringey.
- Isabella Goldie featured on BBC 1's Operation: Meet the Street
This week sees BBC 1's James Martin host a five-part series called Operation: Meet the Street, featuring our Director of Development and Delivery, Isabella Goldie.
- People who report sleep apnea develop cognitive decline a decade earlier, study finds.
People with breathing problems during sleep – called sleep apnea – develop mild cognitive impairment (MCI) a decade earlier finds a new study published today (15 April 2015) in the journal […]
- Depression and diabetes linked to higher risk of dementia, study finds
People with type II diabetes and depression may be at higher risk of developing dementia and people with both conditions at even greater risk.
- Alzheimer's Society responds to the Liberal Democrat Party manifesto
The Liberal Democrat Party launched its 2015 election manifesto today (15 April) which included pledges to increase support for carers and invest in dementia research.