Here are some latest news items from a few very useful sites. Click a headline to open the story in a new Tab or window .More sources of information can be found in our links section.
Mental Health Foundation
- Dementia Third Greatest Killer in the UK Study Shows
A Guardian article has revealed that a survey carried out by Alzheimer's Research UK show that dementia if now third greatest killer in UK.
- Big Lottery funding awarded to scale up Young Mums' Project in 2015
Big Lottery funding awarded to grow the Young Mums' Project for March 2015 in the London boroughs of Hackney, Islington and Haringey.
- Isabella Goldie featured on BBC 1's Operation: Meet the Street
This week sees BBC 1's James Martin host a five-part series called Operation: Meet the Street, featuring our Director of Development and Delivery, Isabella Goldie.
- Alzheimer's Society wins award for best communications
Alzheimer's Society in Wales has won the Class award for best communications for Dementia Friends in the 2014 Third Sector Awards Cymru.
- Companies report 'no interest in care insurance'
Companies report no interest in care insurance, it was announced as part of the BBC's Cost of Care project today (Thursday 29 January 2015).
- NFL players who began playing before 12 more likely to develop cognitive impairment
Researchers at Boston University have conducted a study, published today (28 Jan 2015) in the journal Neurology, on cognitive impairment among Professional American Football players.