Here are some latest news items from a few very useful sites. Click a headline to open the story in a new Tab or window .More sources of information can be found in our links section.
Mental Health Foundation
- Dementia Third Greatest Killer in the UK Study Shows
A Guardian article has revealed that a survey carried out by Alzheimer's Research UK show that dementia if now third greatest killer in UK.
- Big Lottery funding awarded to scale up Young Mums' Project in 2015
Big Lottery funding awarded to grow the Young Mums' Project for March 2015 in the London boroughs of Hackney, Islington and Haringey.
- Isabella Goldie featured on BBC 1's Operation: Meet the Street
This week sees BBC 1's James Martin host a five-part series called Operation: Meet the Street, featuring our Director of Development and Delivery, Isabella Goldie.
- Alzheimer's Society Chief Executive presented with CBE for services to older people
Jeremy Hughes, Chief Executive of Alzheimer's Society, was today (9 October 2015) presented with a CBE for services to older people by Her Majesty the Queen.
- Football legend and pundit Robbie Savage to donate money from new book to Alzheimer's Society
Ex-professional footballer Robbie Savage is donating 25 per cent from the royalties of his new book 'I'll Tell You What…', out today (8 October) to Alzheimer's Society.
- Golf teach-a-thon raises hundreds for Alzheimer's Society
Local instructor scores a hole in one with his fundraising!