Here are some latest news items from a few very useful sites. Click a headline to open the story in a new Tab or window .More sources of information can be found in our links section.
Mental Health Foundation
- Dementia Third Greatest Killer in the UK Study Shows
A Guardian article has revealed that a survey carried out by Alzheimer's Research UK show that dementia if now third greatest killer in UK.
- Big Lottery funding awarded to scale up Young Mums' Project in 2015
Big Lottery funding awarded to grow the Young Mums' Project for March 2015 in the London boroughs of Hackney, Islington and Haringey.
- Isabella Goldie featured on BBC 1's Operation: Meet the Street
This week sees BBC 1's James Martin host a five-part series called Operation: Meet the Street, featuring our Director of Development and Delivery, Isabella Goldie.
- Alzheimer's Society responds to the Queen's Speech
In today's Queen's Speech (Wednesday 27 May) the government set out their intention to secure the future of the National Health Service by implementing the NHS's own five year plan.
- Kent travel company celebrates year of fundraising for Alzheimer's Society
The team at Albatross Group get behind Alzheimer's Society with a year-long fundraising drive.
- Seaford Choral Society raises £540 for Alzheimer's Society
Seaford Choral Society have raised hundreds of pounds for Alzheimer's Society, through an Easter performance of Faure's Requiem.