Here are some latest news items from a few very useful sites. Click a headline to open the story in a new Tab or window .More sources of information can be found in our links section.
Mental Health Foundation
- All political parties should make mental health a priority in the run up to the next election
We've joined up with five other leading mental health organisations in England to produce a manifesto laying out what the next Government must do to improve the lives of people with mental health […]
- We are going backwards: mental health cuts exacerbate a growing health burden
Recent cuts to NHS mental health service providers exacerbate the problems of an already extremely under-resourced sector.
- Social contact, peer support and self-help can positively benefit people with dementia
Today the results and evaluation of our Dementia Self-Help project in partnership with Housing and Care 21 are released.
- 100 gigs in 100 days challenge nears completion
Young London musician is set for his 100th gig in 100 days to raise money for Alzheimer's Society.
- Majority of public not confident of receiving good care, poll shows
One in three Britons either rely on or have a family member who relies on the care system but six in ten are not confident they will receive good care, according to Care and Support Alliance research […]
- A fifth of people unaware of how to reduce their risk of dementia
More than a fifth of people do not think it is possible to reduce their risk of developing dementia, according to a YouGov poll commissioned by Alzheimer's Society.