Here are some latest news items from a few very useful sites. Click a headline to open the story in a new Tab or window .More sources of information can be found in our links section.
Mental Health Foundation
- Dementia Third Greatest Killer in the UK Study Shows
A Guardian article has revealed that a survey carried out by Alzheimer's Research UK show that dementia if now third greatest killer in UK.
- Big Lottery funding awarded to scale up Young Mums' Project in 2015
Big Lottery funding awarded to grow the Young Mums' Project for March 2015 in the London boroughs of Hackney, Islington and Haringey.
- Isabella Goldie featured on BBC 1's Operation: Meet the Street
This week sees BBC 1's James Martin host a five-part series called Operation: Meet the Street, featuring our Director of Development and Delivery, Isabella Goldie.
- Volunteer Fundraising Ambassador Workshop Success
Community Fundraiser delivers a successful workshop for volunteer Fundraising Ambassadors, with plans for more in the future
- Alzheimer's Society responds to the Spending Review
Commenting on the publication of the Spending Review, Jeremy Hughes, Chief Executive of Alzheimer’s Society, said:
- Prime Minister announces funding for UK’s first national Dementia Research Institute
Today's announcement by the Prime Minister will see the UK’s first Dementia Research Institute receive up to £150m of investment.