Here are some latest news items from a few very useful sites. Click a headline to open the story in a new Tab or window .More sources of information can be found in our links section.
Mental Health Foundation
- Dementia Third Greatest Killer in the UK Study Shows
A Guardian article has revealed that a survey carried out by Alzheimer's Research UK show that dementia if now third greatest killer in UK.
- Big Lottery funding awarded to scale up Young Mums' Project in 2015
Big Lottery funding awarded to grow the Young Mums' Project for March 2015 in the London boroughs of Hackney, Islington and Haringey.
- Isabella Goldie featured on BBC 1's Operation: Meet the Street
This week sees BBC 1's James Martin host a five-part series called Operation: Meet the Street, featuring our Director of Development and Delivery, Isabella Goldie.
- UK deaths from Alzheimer's disease up by 52 per cent, finds study
An analysis of the Global Burden of Disease Study, published today (18 December) in The Lancet, has found that Alzheimer's disease was responsible for 52 per cent more deaths in 2013 compared to […]
- Carey Mulligan and Ruth Jones call on public to make this Christmas dementia-friendly
Celebrities including Hollywood actress, Carey Mulligan and comedian, Ruth Jones spoke out about their personal experiences of dementia at Alzheimer's Society's annual Christmas carol concert.
- Fundraiser recreates classic Christmas village from sugar
Dedicated sugar artists from across the world are creating a Christmas scene made entirely out of sugar and cakes in aid of three charities, including Alzheimer's Society.