Expressions of Interest are being sought for a £1200 grant, which will support project(s) linking mental health with outdoor activity in Pembrokeshire. This money was kindly donated by members of the public in support of Jo-Anne Jones, Pembrokeshire resident and outdoors enthusiast, competing in the Ironman Wales 2017 competition. Jo and West Wales Action for Mental Health (WWAMH) are now working together, with the support of Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Authority (PCNPA), to find the perfect project(s) to fund.
We are looking to support the development of outdoor based activities to promote positive mental health across Pembrokeshire.
- We want to help people take part in outdoor activities, possibly who may not usually do so.
- We want to help promote the benefits of outdoor activity and give people the tools to manage and improve their mental health.
- We want to help people to manage low self-esteem, anxiety and depression.
If you feel that you have a project that meets this brief we would like to hear from you.
- Proposals can be submitted by groups, individuals, voluntary and statutory agencies. Proposals must take account of local need, gaps in current provisions, and be innovative in their approach. Proposals can be submitted in different formats, using the EOI form or by producing a short film about the project idea.
- Proposals can be to help people of all ages.
- Projects which help people take part in outdoor activities, and which build the self-confidence and self-esteem of young women are particularly encouraged.
- The total amount available is £1200 and this funding may be given to one project or several, at the discretion of the grant panel.
- The grant panel comprises Jo-Anne Jones, project sponsor; Angie Darlington from West Wales Action for Mental Health; and Hannah Buck, Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Authority. The decision of the grant panel is final.
- The grant panel is asking for Expressions of Interest to be returned by Thursday 29th March 2018.
- The grant panel will then select a number of projects to present to them to decide which idea/s to support.
- WWAMH are able to provide project development support to any projects allocated funding from this grant.
- For more information and an Expression of Interest Form please contact: Angie Darlington, West Wales Action for Mental Health on 01267 245572 or email@example.com
Expressions of Interest or films should be submitted by Thursday 29th March 2018
to West Wales Action for Mental Health by e-mail or post:
The Mount, 18 Queen Street, Carmarthen, SA31 1JT